The highest cost in relocation is the Home Sale process. While the invoice may be organized into simple and easy to read categories, it is typically the most complex and detailed part of a move.
Mark Olsen, President and CEO at Parsifal Corporation explains that the HST audit program at Parsifal breaks down each category into individual charges to confirm and justify that they are traceable, contractual and reasonable.
All transactions are then analyzed together to ensure a consistent approach and discover any methods that create ongoing unnecessary cost exposures. HST Audit services include:
Billing Review & Investigation
• Find the source of all charges and fees
• Identify hidden fees
• Verify client authorization
• Validate Two-Deed charges and specific state requirements
Analysis & Consulting
• Trending and other data analyzed for recommended cost savings and solutions
Contract Review Process
• Analysis contract compliance
• Determine if proper process was utilized for appraised value
• Verify proration calculations of insurance, mortgage interest, utilities, taxes, etc.
• Review of equity funding and interest charges
Mark Olsen states that the Parsifal HST Audit service is enhanced with many detailed features including Traceability of Charges, Contract Adherence, Reasonability of Charges, and Trend Analysis.